Social Media and Community Specialist
Air is a Creative Ops System for Marketers. Our product automates the mindless tasks that marketers do every day to manage content and unlocks creativity through image recognition, automated versioning, and approval workflows. We launched in March 2021 and have raised $28M+ from world-class venture capital groups including Tiger Global, Headline Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, WndrCo, and Slack Ventures.
Making engaging content that defines how Air shows up is a core component of our broader marketing strategy. Having a brilliant, incisive social media presence helmed by someone who lives in these platforms is essential to that success. Questions you should have a strong POV on:
- How can we capture the attention of our core audience while building a brand that truly resonates?
- We’re talking about B2B SaaS here - how can you help us stand out and build affinity with new audiences?
- Where should Air be on social? What should our voice sound like? What are we doing well? What are we doing that sucks? What would you do if this was your job?
We’ve got our work cut out for us but you’ll be joining an incredible team doing some really extraordinary work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow a brand, have ownership of key platforms, and drive forth the narrative that there finally is a much (much) better way than Dropbox for your creative team’s content.
As Air’s first-ever social media specialist, you will be responsible for creating content that preserves Air’s voice and builds awareness and brand affinity through storytelling and information sharing across strategic social media channels that could include: Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter/X, Reels, Reddit, Quora, the list goes on.
You will report to the Director of Communications (based in Toronto, ON).
- Grow and evolve social media content and creative as Air on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and other emerging channels..
- Provide day-to-day community management of the ongoing conversations on our social channels, either with or about the Air brand.
- Source and engage with our customers to tell powerful stories across all priority channels.
- Develop a flexible content calendar and publishing cadence that meets our priority channels' and audiences’ needs, working with cross-functional partners to identify relevant opportunities.
- Work with customer team colleagues to monitor issues and customer communication during outages, needed escalations, and more, sharing best practices with teammates to handle these situations with empathy and impact.
- Be on top of what is going on in the world and figure out how to bring Air into conversations (as relevant).
- Think outside the box and contribute ideas — what are we not doing that we should be? Where should we be?
- 2-3 years of relevant experience (read: examples of social content you’ve produced that has hit - regardless of whether it’s your own personal work, a company you worked for, or something else entirely).
- Made a bunch of stuff before. Looking for some combination of video/TikTok/Reels editing experience (CapCut, Final Cut, DaVinci, Premiere, in app, etc). Confidence either behind or in front of the camera - bonus points for both.
- Experience managing social channels and creating and developing digital content.
- Knowledge of SaaS a plus but not required. We care far more that you understand how the internet works than how our business does. We can teach the latter, can’t teach the former.
- A track record of copywriting and creative development. You should be an energetic wellspring of endless ideas.
- Obsessed with social media: understand how quickly it changes, following of trends and what’s happening.
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics tools and how to interpret performance metrics into actionable takeaways.
- A solutions-oriented mindset to meet any challenges, both organizational and topical.
Our company culture was built around a tireless pursuit to be the best at what we do. We're entrepreneurial and focused: tackling problems head-on without ego. We communicate with empathy. We speak directly, listen thoughtfully, and ask questions. We previously worked out of a cozy warehouse in Brooklyn, but are currently distributed around the globe. This is a remote role.
Air contributes 90% to medical, dental, and vision insurance and 75% to dependent coverage. Employees also have life insurance, disability insurance, and membership to One Medical. We offer a generous work from home stipend, professional development reimbursement, and unlimited vacation days. Although we are still early stage, we are always seeking ways to invest in the long-term health, wellness, and continued education of our employees.
At Air, we believe that it takes a diversity of thought, culture, race, sexual orientation, and outlook to build a world-class business. We value unique contributions and welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Air.